14-16 November 2016
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums, taking place in cultural capitals around the world since 2009. MuseumNext is a catalyst for innovation, transformation and collaboration in museums, galleries and heritage sites, with more than 800 individuals from 32 countries joining us in 2015.
The New York City conference investigates the theme of transformation across lives, practice and place, with speakers including:
- Neil Harbisson, contemporary artist and cyborg activist
- Christy Coleman, CEO, America Civil War Museum
- Dr Melissa Chiu, Director, Smithsonian’s Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Ellen V. Futter, President, American Museum of Natural History
- Beat Hachler, Director, Swiss Alpine Museum
- Alex Benay, President and CEO, Canadian Science and Technology Museum Corporation
- Tony Butler, Executive Director, Derby Museums Trust (UK)
- Take a look at our 30+ speakers
The conference takes place in Lower Manhattan over 14-15 November with various museum visits, tours and events taking place around the city on 16 November.